Sunday 19 October 2008

Tags (7)












I received this award twice, first time round from katherine, and second time from leigh. Thank you very much to both of you! Both, I believe, first wandered over to these parts via the Black Box widget, and I'm glad to have made their acquaintance(s). I've been rather tardy in properly acknowledging them having awarded me an award, so please both accept my humble apologies (how many times can I get the words both and award into one paragraph?).

Also, leigh had some questions to answer, I'm assuming rightly or wrongly that I'm expected to do the same. Well either way, given that my mind is buzzing with all sorts of other things at the present moment, then it's one of those rare occasions where I'm happy to be charged with the task of answering a few questions, so here goes.

1. Where is your mobile? On the chair arm.
2. Where is your significant other? Pass.
3. Your hair colour? Brown and (increasingly) grey.
4. Your mother? On my mind, presently.
5. Your father? Gone but never forgotten.
6. Your favourite thing? I filled in a job application form once, which asked for hobbies - I think I put "Art, music, literature, pub." I know that's four things but there you go. I didn't get the job either. But there's perhaps a circular kind of logic in the fact that work isn't one of my favourite things.
7. Your dream last night? Quite a depressing one for some reason, which seemed to be about my mother's frailty hence the answer to (4), but which had a rather memorable and funny moment: I was outside in the street looking up at a window, where there were two cats looking out. Both had electric guitars and were playing them with serious intent, and posing a bit as well.
8. Your dream/goal? Self-realisation.
9. The room you're in? Living room.
10. Your hobby? I'm not sure. I don't know if I have hobbies.
11. Your fear? Too many to mention.
12. Where do you want to be in six years? I don't look that far ahead.
13. Where were you last night? At a rockabilly night (not something I've done before).
14. What you're not? Certain.
15. One of your wish-list items? Peace and quiet.
16. Where you grew up? Derbyshire.
17. The last thing you did? Cook.
18. What are you wearing? Trousers.
19. Your TV? Don't have one (though the TV licence people seem to find it very hard to believe)
20. Your pets? I don't have any.
21. Your computer? PC (this one anyway).
22. Your mood? Weary and preoccupied.
23. Missing someone? Probably.
24. Your car? Don't have one.
25. Something you're not wearing? A dress (or for that matter, anything not listed in Q18. Well, except a t-shirt which I'm wearing as well, but I prefer the answer I gave above).
26. Favourite shop? Anything which has some individuality, not part of the identikit high-street chain-store blandness. Now I wouldn't call it my favourite shop, but what springs to mind is a baker's shop in Chesterfield which had a beautiful and very old interior, with amazing black and white floor tiles.
27. Your summer? Did we have one? Well, yes we did, because I got plenty of cycling done.
28. Love someone? Once.
29. Your favourite color? Blue.
30. When was the last time you laughed? Earlier - at my own stupidity.
31. Last time you cried? Reading a book (already mentioned in these pages) a few weeks ago.

As per usual I shan't pass this one on, because I'm rubbish with such things!

17 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

you're not wearing a dress.... I am mightily relieved to hear it! But if you said you were wearing twinset and pearls I'd have understood in a moment.
Thank you so much for NOT passing it on, you remain therefore my hero!

trousers said...

Heheh, no problem fire byrd ;-)

Reading the Signs said...

I like this list trousers. It's tender, funny, melancholy. 23 made me smile.

trousers said...

Thank you signs, and I think 23 said it best :-)

Mind you I've just spotted a rather glaring contradiction relating to hobbies - questions 6 and 10. But then I don't view them as hobbies, so I shan't get myself wrapped in knots about it...

Wayfarer Scientista said...

awww...congrads on the awards!

Caroline said...

18, 23, and 28.

:)

x

bikerted said...

Three cheers for No 19. We don't have a tv either. Used to have loads of problems with the licencing people as well but Guzzisue had a long conversation with them some years ago and now only get an occasional letter.

bikerted said...

Three cheers for No 19. We don't have a tv either. Used to have loads of problems with the licencing people as well but Guzzisue had a long conversation with them some years ago and now only get an occasional letter.

trousers said...

Thanks wayfarer, and lovely to see you again! Hope all's well in your world, I shall have to pop over and find out.

caroline, shades of Countdown there ;-)

Hello and welcome, bikerted - yes I must admit it's just a case of the occasional letter for me too, these days. But, after living in my present address for a good few years now, I would have hoped they would have stopped bothering...

Merkin said...

20. Your pets? I don't have any.

Thought you had a pet spider in the bathroom?

trousers said...

I did have merk - but, like a previous answer (q5) he's gone but not forgotten...

Unknown said...

Wonderful list, Trousers, poignant and funny and smart. I'm afraid number three hit rather close to home! ;-) And isn't it strange our the TV licensing department finds it so hard to accept that there really are people who can do without their services!

Anonymous said...

Hello again, Mr Trousers, how are you doing today?

Leigh and Katherine are clearly v. wise if they love your blog. I love your blog, too, as it happens, but - as a man - must content myself with punching your arm and joshing quite toughly in a repressed manner, rather than simply present you with a similar award myself. *Sigh*.

10, 12, 14, 22, 23 and 28. Yes. These all make perfect sense to me.

But 7 and 13? You must surely (7) be a dream-analyser's worst nightmare, Mr T? Is there a sensible way to interpret guitar-playing cats? (You may enjoy The Master and Margarita, come to think of it, if you haven't already read it.) And is it possible to suffer from dream envy? If so, I'm now officially suffering. Glorious imagery.

Rockabilly (13)? Did you have to dress up? And, of course, why?

Kind regards, as ever,

TPE

trousers said...

Thank you, absolute vanilla. I remember some ads or leaflets informing of ways to pay your TV licence - I was simultaneously amused and annoyed (try it, it's amusing - and annoying) which basically offered the choice of, you pay one of x ways described below, or you go to court and pay a big fine with no mention of unless of course, you're one of those rare specimens who doesn't possess a television set.

tpe, good to see you again, and your weary sigh is noted - I hope I'm not responsible for putting the press in repression.

As regards the Rockabilly, I was invited along by some equally-intrigued friends, and I had nothing else planned (except for imbibing alcohol, so in that respect I was able to kill two birds with one stone). Thankfully I didn't have to dress up: I found it odd to witness what felt like a highly codified kind of nostalgia, and inbetween sipping my drink I contented myself with making (possibly) ironic comments about Back to the Future.

I've occasionally blogged my dreams - the less weird ones, you understand. I wouldn't want anyone thinking me odd, after all. But I would be interested in the opportunity to analyse the dream analyst's nightmares :)

nmj said...

trews, if obama doesn't make it, you should be president of usa just cos you don't have a TV - a very wonderful & noble quality..

trousers said...

Nice of you to say so, nmj. One thing though - Obama who? That's the one problem with not having a tv ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's too dizzying - analysing the dream analyst's nightmares. Dangerous territory, to be sure. I think there is probably a book in there somewhere, you know.

Right so, Trousers, got you. It's just that I had visions of you dressed-up and, crazy, I know, dancing. It doesn't sound like it was too bad, though.

I like the phrase "a highly codified form of nostalgia", incidentally. Nicely put.

Kind regards cetra cetra....

TPE