Friday 13 March 2009

Alarm

Sometimes it seems as though the alarm has been ringing constantly, for hours, throughout the night: not quite rousing me into a state of consciousness, but acting like a barb: prodding and agitating those pre-waking thoughts which serve to disturb, to ready me to face the world again.

It's when I reach over and press the snooze button that the sheer silence seems like the real alarm, shocking me into awareness.

Such a sense of fraughtness is less to do with everyday travails on this occasion, I think, and more to do with the fact that I saw a very compelling and intense documentary film last night - more of which later.

5 comments:

zola a social thing said...

More breast milk please !

Fire Byrd said...

I take it you weren't watching the two hour Jade Goody wedding documentary then???
xx

Is Zola on the same planet as others? Either that or I need a course in philosphey.

trousers said...

No, fire byrd, this was at the cinema - I'll blog about it soon enough, it was a Klaus Kinski film - or a film about Klaus Kinski to be more accurate.

And no, zola is not on the same planet, as least as far as my exhaustive research indicates.

zola a social thing said...

Point taken Fire Byrd.
I hope Trousers smiles because I do so much enjoy many of the writings that always throw out alternative meanings.

keep it up.

trousers said...

Nice response, zola - and yes I do smile, even if it takes me a long time to work out how you've arrived at such an alternative meaning...

Actually, after I wrote my reply to fire byrd, I considered amending it to something like "no, zola isn't on a different planet: the rest of us are."

Smiles all round :)