Tuesday 24 November 2009

Ignorant

Or preoccupied, more like. I play later this week and I've just reached the point where I'm sufficiently ok with the material I'm going to play. Whilst in a waiting room at the eye hospital today it suddenly occurred to me that the final track I'd been working on just didn't quite fit in - or it had something missing which needs to be resolved. It's been bugging me.

In a flash I remembered a track which was in a similarly unfinished state (and has been for some months) but which would sit so much better with the rest of my set: as a result it's been comparatively light work to reach a point of resolve with it, and now I can actually look forward to the gig. At last.

So don't mind me, I feel a little bit neglectful of recent bloggy comments and so on, but I'll pay more attention round here after the gig is done. I'll let you know how it went, too (unless it's an unmitigated disaster).

4 comments:

Zhoen said...

Actually, I especially want to know if it's an unmitigated disaster...

Sorry, being a complete smartass today.

Fire Byrd said...

So I guess your not walking now until after.... so how about 19th?
xx

Fire Byrd said...

PS great photo!
xx

trousers said...

Don't apologise zhoen - I will, contrary to what I wrote, inform you if such a state of affairs comes to pass...

FB, see email. And thank you, that pic isn't a new one but it's currently my wallpaper (or desktop background or whatever), I do like it :) x