Wednesday 7 September 2011

Floored

I know the last few posts I've done have been pretty minimal: this one will be no exception, at least in terms of the word count. I'm tired tonight but I've forced myself to be busy working on musical things. During a few online searches to find some particular source material to play around with (my search terms being choirs/drones), I came across this, and was - am - stunned.

Haunting and beautiful in abundance, and I'm glad I've packed up my work for the night, since this has left me utterly floored.

5 comments:

Zhoen said...

Ah, those flat, dense harmonies with overtones. The Bulgarian Women's choirs have that as well.

Fire Byrd said...

Errr!
It's no good I'm just a philistine.
Maybe it's cause you were tired.

trousers said...

Yes, Zhoen, I had a cassette of Bulgarian Voices (Voix Bulgares I think) a long time ago. I don't think I "got" it then, though, whereas now...I may have to see if I've still got it.

FB, a case of horses for courses I think - which is how it should be. Thanks for following the link anyway :)

nmj said...

I love it! And I used to have 'le mystere des voix bulgares' on tape, a long time ago, the wonderful women's choir.

trousers said...

Glad you like it nmj! I found my old "Voix Bulgares" tape quite inadvertently a few days ago. I haven't played it since its rediscovery though, mainly because I'm just very unused to the whole idea of playing tapes..