Sunday 19 February 2012

On bodily fluids

I was in very pleasant company today, and circumstances were solicitous to me telling this story. I'm glad to have revisited it actually: I love the expression on people's faces when I tell them about someone asking me "what's your favourite piss?" - sheer, initial incomprehension, followed later by curiosity, then the acceptance of what was a very odd situation. Finally, said company being able if not downright eager to supply me with their own answers to the same question...the beauty being the narrative arc which ensues.

No, that won't make any sense whatsoever unless you read the story I've linked to. Sorry. For what it's worth, I think it's one of the better pieces of writing that I've done, and one of the reasons I started blogging in the first place was because I wanted to recount this tale.

2 comments:

Zhoen said...

All I can say is, Piss.

Fire Byrd said...

Well I remember it first time of telling, so need to revisit, it's etched on my mind forever, when of course I haven't got anything better to think about!